Resources for Islamic Parenting and Homeschooling:
Shopping for Islamic Toys and Games: Though I recommend not buying anything new but sharing with friends (reduce consumerism!)
Being GREEN Muslims:
- Green Deen
Nasheed for Little Muslims:
- Our Favorite: Upsy Daisy by Yusuf Islam
Books on Islamic Parenting: Disclaimer, I have not vetted all these books yet…
- Sacred Parenting: written by a Christian scholar, is one of the best spiritual books I read on parenting.
- Bringing up Girls (and Bringing up Boys): written by a Christian scholar, Dr. James Dobson.
- Marriage in Islam: Muhammad Abdul-Rauf , Al Saadawi Publication.
- Marriage in Islam: Abdur-Rahman Abdul-Khaliq, “Daar” of Islamic Heritage.
- Family life in Islam: Khurshid Ahmad; Islamic Foundation.
- Motherhood in Islam: Aliah Schleifer; Fons Vitae.
- Voices of Islam: Voices of tradition: Vincent J. Cornell; Greenwood Publishing Group.
- The child in Islam: a Muslim parent’s handbook: Norma Tarazi, Zeba Siddiqui, American Trust Publications.
- Children of Islam: A Teacher’s Guide to Meeting the Needs of Muslim Pupils: Marie Parker-Jenkins
- Parenting Skills Based on The Qur’an and Sunnah: Ekram and Muhammad Beshir. This wife/husband team has many books on Islamic parenting (esp. on raising kids in the West) and marriage.
Modesty for Children: If boys and girls start dressing modestly when they are toddlers, modesty will be their nature (their fitrah won’t get corrupted). Finding fun, pretty, and modest cloths for our little ones is easy! Long tops that do not reveal their backs when they bend over, mid/long sleeves, tights with skirts can be comfortable and cute…
Modest Swimwear for Your Family:
- Coolibar has by far the coolest swimwear for kids (which we buy for our family)